Springvale Apartments offers an array of activities both on and off its premises for residents who want to participate. The complex provides spacious public rooms in which to gather, including “The Barn,” a beautiful activities center, consisting of an activities room with a library, large screen TV, comfortable seating and kitchen, and an exercise studio. The Clubroom, in a different building, and open to all, includes a pool table, arcade bowling, dartboard and TV. Activities are run by the tenants and include:
Active Senior Clubs, Groups, and Activities
- Springvale Senior Club, meeting monthly.
- Movie nights two days a month.
- Fitness classes such as Tai Chi and yoga.
- Specialty Clubs and Activities such as a short story group and seasonal art classes.
- Special On-site Events, including brunches, wine and cheese parties, and pot-luck dinners
- Off-site Outings to such destinations as Westchester Dinner Theater, Woodlock Pines Resort, Yonkers Raceway at Empire City Casino, Mohegan Casinos and more.
- Thrift Store donation program.
- Monthly Newsletter sent to all residents, with news, tips and tour information.